City of the Beast
Character creation rules
Current level is: 1
Use the following array:
Adjust for racial bonuses and level dependent.
Why this array? First, everybody gets an 18! Second, while dice rolling is fun, Adjudicating it online is very difficult. This way everybody has sufficient stats to build the character of their choosing without any one character overshadowing anybody else due to lucky rolls.
Any race published in the hardbound WotC source books is available, with the only restriction being no races with a level adjustment of +1 or greater. Any non-standard race must talk with me for special background notes. Members of most of the standard races can be found in the general populace, so that’s less of an issue. Understand that your choice of race may impact story and RP issues, as not all races are treated equally in all parts of the world.
As with races, use any standard class from any of the WotC books. Certain classes have background restrictions that you’ll want to talk to me about. A few in particular to note:
- Barbarian – Not every race embraces this lifestyle. Humans, Elves and Dwarves all have at least one barbaric group among them, as do Orcs (and by association, Half-Orcs). If you choose this class with another race, let me know so we can make it work.
- Paladin – Paladins exist using variants for ANY Lawful alignment. That said, not every deity has Paladins, so ask before you choose. Paladins of Tyranny and Paladins of Justice are common to their respective religious organizations, but less common in the common knowledge.
- Monk – Monk disciplines vary from race to race and monastery to monastery. Standard monks are available to almost all races, but monk comes with special background requirements. Also, there are some mechanical changes based on school as well. This is a homebrew change intended to make the monk a bit more viable.
- Psion – Available, talk to me about your background. Most come from a specific region.
- Wizard, Warmage, Artificer – These all carry special background and character creation rules. Talk to me if you’re considering any of them.
- Sorcerer – Some notes, no restrictions.
- Ninja/Samurai – Background notes required, talk to me.